Politicians are a deciding factor in our democracy for the distribution of resources, our civil rights, and the future. Donate today to help provide 10 scholarships to train future politicians on getting elected and creating a plan to serve the people. This training is done by CREW Women – an over 100-year-old organization founded in 1920 with a mission to empower women through professional development and leadership.
Recent alumni successes such as Kristin Richardson Jordan getting elected as the City Councilwoman in Central Harlem, New York by knocking out an established career politician – Bill Perkins. CREW offers quality, nonpartisan Candidate Training services at the Ruth Hassell-Thompson Institute for Candidate Training or Campaign Management.
A Few of CREW’s Notable Alumni
- Deputy Speaker of the NYC Council, Diana Ayala
- Councilmember Carlina Rivera
- Councilmember Kristin Richardson Jordan
- Fmr. Los Angeles Public Works Commissioner Aura Vasquez
About the Class:
- Students receive/learn:
- Class duration is 36 hours over a 12-week period
- Students will execute and defend their “custom” plan for their campaign
- Presentation skills and how to be more “tech” proficient.
- Practice various aspects of campaign analysis.
- Sample creating (and receiving evaluations of) campaign websites, commercials, print ads, etc.
- Networking with elected politicians, union leadership, senior government staff, and other candidates.
- A certificate of completion.
Tuition for Candidates Training Class
Spring 2023 – $1850
Spring 2023 Collaborators
- The Elizabeth Cady Stanton Trust
- The Frederick Douglass Family Initiatives
- Powerful Voices
- Museum of Political Corruption.
Civically Re-Engaged Women was founded in 2017 and incorporated as an NYS National Nonpartisan Not-for-Profit organization (both 501 (c)3 and 501 (c) 4). We are fulfilling the next generation of what the National Women’s Political Caucus (NWPC) started in the 1970’s. In 2015, Sharon Nelson re-Incorporated the NYS of the NWPC Chapter which was defunct for 10 years and then became President until 2017.
From 2015-2020, The NWPC-NY and subsequently (in 2017) CREW hosted nonpartisan classes for Women interested in “Running for Public Office” at City University of New York (The Murphy Institute (2015-2017 then at the School of Professional Studies (2018-2020). The Class at CUNY was discontinued as a result of the Pandemic. In 2021, CREW launched the Ruth Hassell-Thompson Institute of Civic Engagement which is an online virtual vocational institute – giving the institute a national presence and audience. Classes are hosted/available on the Professional Development channel of CREWTV. The classes are both live and on-demand for enrolled students.
The mission of CREW is to provide:
- Candidate Training/Leadership professional development services
- Specialty Conferences/forums/awareness activities/events for Women in Civic Engagement